November 16, 2019
General Session Update
The Closing General Session will be held in KICC Ballroom C-E.
“Books as Windows and Mirrors” on Saturday, November 16, at 1:10 p.m. in room L015-019 has been cancelled due to presenter illness. Author Andrew Maraniss has graciously offered to present a new session:
Writing for Justice
New York Times best-selling author, Andrew Maraniss, discusses how he uses sports nonfiction to raise awareness of social issues and to encourage students to be upstanders rather than bystanders.
Saturday, November 16
Tech Talk Stage Update
Girls Who Code will be doing a Tech Talk presentation from 12:30-12:45 p.m. today in the exhibit hall
For those invited to the Mentor Program, it will be held Saturday, November 16, from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. in room M108.
November 14, 2019
|CeCe & Roxy Books||255|
|National Library Service for the Blind & Print Disabled, Library of Congress||614|
|National Science Teachers Association (NSTA)||601|
|School Library Journal / Library Journal||328|
|The Horn Book||328|
|US Census Bureau||602|
November 13, 2019
- ALA Policy Corps- Building Policy Experts One Cohort at a Time on Saturday, November 16 at 10:10 a.m. in Room L001
- AASL Research Grant Award Recipients Presentations on Saturday, November 16 at 10:10 a.m. in Room L028
- Read Woke Challenge on Saturday, November 16 at 10:10 a.m.
- Culturally Responsive Programming for the School Library on Friday, November 15 at 10:30 a.m.
- Libraries as Spaces for Transformative Resistance: Project Based Learning for Social Transformation on Saturday, November 16 at 2:20 p.m.
- Putting the R in STEAM: Great YA Books to Incorporate into your STEM/STEAM Initiative on Saturday, November 16 at 10:10 a.m.
- Librarians Unite has been moved to Saturday, November 16 at 1:10 p.m. in Room L011-012
- The Week
- A Cry for the Ocean
November 12, 2019
Shipping forms are available on the bag stuffing table next to registration. Attendees who want to ship packages home should complete a shipping form and drop their items with the completed shipping form at the FedEx office at 315 W Market St, Louisville, KY 40202 (just across the street from the convention center). FedEx team members will process shipments and e-mail attendees their receipt.
New concurrent session:
ALA Policy Corps: Building Policy Experts One Cohort at a Time
Saturday, 10:10 a.m. | Room L001
Speakers: Steven Yates, Deborah Rinio, Kathryn Roots Lewis, Audrey Church, Kevin Maher, Mary Pellicano, Sylvia Knight Norton