Poster/ IdeaLab Proposals
AASL invites proposals for Poster Presentations and IdeaLab Presentations to be presented Thursday, October 19, 2023.
Complete proposals must be submitted by Thursday, July 6, 2023.
The AASL IdeaLab showcases best practices, innovative ideas, and adaptive projects and practices. Small program presentations should offer visuals in handouts, laptop presentations, or samples. The AASL IdeaLab is considered the “speed learning” of the conference. While attendees will engage and explore with “Ideas” that spark further interest, presenters should generally be able to explain their table in 2-3 minutes to groups who visit.
The AASL IdeaLab will occur on Thursday, October 19, 2023, from 1:00-3:00 p.m.
New this year! AASL is offering school librarians, educators, administrators, and community partners the opportunity to submit a poster presentation. Submissions are invited on any topic relevant to school libraries and may include a description of an innovative library program or practice; an analysis of a solution to a problem; a report of a research study; or any other presentation that would benefit attendees. Poster session presenters populate boards with pictures, data, graphs, diagrams, and narrative text and informally discuss their poster with conference attendees during the presentation session. Posters will then be moved to the exhibit hall for attendees to further peruse throughout the conference.
The AASL Poster Presentations will occur on Thursday, October 19, 2023, from 1:00-3:00 p.m. The posters will then be moved to the exhibit hall for the remainder of the conference.
What is the difference between IdeaLab and Posters?
The IdeaLab and Poster presentations will take place simultaneously and have a similar teaching/learning experience of quick shares and opportunities for further exploration between attendees and presenters. There are two distinct differences to consider in deciding which to submit:
- Posters should be self-explanatory. After the presentation window on Thursday, the posters will be moved into the exhibit hall for those attendees unable to get to the in-person poster time or see all the posters.
- Materials used: For IdeaLab, some tables have very little material and instead might use their laptop to show something, or they have handouts for people to grab, but the content is with a verbal presentation. For the posters, presenters will create boards (AASL will provide the bulletin board and push pins) with pictures, data, graphs, diagrams, and narrative text.
Instructions and Tips for Submitting
Before starting your submission, AASL recommends reviewing the instructions for accessing and creating a profile and downloading the application Word document to familiarize yourself with the required information and draft your proposal.
- Getting Started (PDF) – How to set up an account, access your dashboard, and start a submission. If you already have an account, sign in, and you can start your submission.
- Proposal Application Description (PDF) – Offering additional insight into what type of content and considerations should be given when submitting a proposal.
- Copy of Proposal Application (Word Document) – Download and draft the proposal before submitting and finalizing it through the online form.
Dates & Deadlines
- July 6, 2023, IdeaLab and Poster proposal submission deadlines
- July 24, 2023, IdeaLab and Poster reviews finalized (notices sent August 7-15)
Onsite Schedule – Thursday, October 19, 2023
- IdeaLab tables and Poster boards will be available for set-up from 8:00 am-Noon
- Presentations will occur from 1:00-3:00 pm. This is an opportunity for presenters to discuss their table/board presentation with attendees.
- Posters will be moved into the exhibit hall for additional viewing opportunities.
- Posters can be dismantled from 1:00-3:00 pm on Saturday, October 21, and must be removed by 3:30 pm, or materials will be discarded.
Questions, comments, or feedback? Email email@example.com or call (800) 545-2433 x 4382, or (312) 280-4382
225 N. Michigan Ave, Suite 1300, Chicago, IL 60601