School library practitioners are invited to prepare proposals for concurrent session and/or IdeaLab programming during the 2021 AASL National Conference. AASL21 will take place October 21-23, 2021, at the Salt Palace Convention Center in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- IdeaLab will be held on Thursday, October 21, 2021, in the afternoon before the Opening General Session
- Concurrent Sessions will be held Friday-Saturday, October 22-23, 2021
The application period will start September 21, 2020, and will close at 12:00 p.m. (noon) Central on December 21, 2020. This page serves to help those interested in submitting a proposal prepare for the process.
Why Present at #AASL21?
AASL is the only national conference for school librarians. Attendees have the opportunity to learn and network with their peers and to learn about the latest and greatest products for school librarians from more than 150 vendors. There is no other conference where educators can learn in-depth ways to integrate AASL’s latest school library standards into their programs.
Click the links below for sample program proposal questions. Program proposals will only be accepted online in AASL’s abstract management software and a link will go live on Wednesday, September 21, 2020. Proposals will not be accepted by mail, email, or fax. The documents linked below are intended as a guide for potential submitters and questions may change or be added to the final application.
Please note that the rubrics for AASL21 may change slightly. Final rubrics will be shared when the submission period begins.
Examples of 2019 Conference Programming
Important Dates and Deadlines
Following is a preliminary list of dates based on frequently-asked-questions. As decisions are made, more dates and deadlines will be shared.
- Late May 2020: A list of hot topics as shared by peers will be posted. Topics were cited as specific needs for professional development during a spring crowdsourcing period.
- September 21, 2020: Proposal submission opens
- December 21, 2020: Proposal submission closes at 12:00 p.m. (noon) Central.
- Early February 2021: Programming decision emails will be sent on a rolling basis starting in early February.
- July 2021: Room assignments/session date/time emails to primary contact.
For questions regarding the proposals process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.